- Full Time
- January 30, 2023
It’s an exciting time to join Domestic and General as we continue with our digital transformation and expand into the US. To help with this growth we are looking for a Scrum Master to join our US Squads as we develop our Salesforce call centre products.
Domestic and General operate in over 12 international markets and have over 9 million customers. Our products protect customers from the cost and inconvenience of appliance breakdown by repairing or replacing key household items such as washing machines, heating, TVs, and consumer electronics.
This role is based in the UK.
As a scrum master you will help teams perform to the very highest level. You will inspire, coach, teach, and mentor two squads on their journey to Agility. Challenging the team’s ways of working and embedding a drive towards continuous improvement.
Your responsibilities will include,
- Facilitating sprint events, stand-ups, backlog refinement, sprint planning, review & retros
- Supporting Product Owners to ensure backlogs are well managed, refined and estimated
- Helping teams identify and remove impediments, empowered to work outside the team to remove external impediments
- Support teams towards self-management and deliver sprint goals
- Help manage or eliminate external team dependencies
- Protect the team so that they can remain focused on the Sprint goal
- Use metrics to identify improvement opportunities
All this whilst creating a fun, inclusive working environment, where people feel safe and trust each other
- The ability to create happy, healthy teams who live the scrum values, continually deliver sprint goals and the Product Owners vison
- The ability to successfully challenge teams to try new approaches
- Pro-active character who possesses the capability to move teams forward: whilst working with diverse personality types.
- Excellent facilitation skills, able to create a positive environment and better outcomes
- Able to embed an iterative approach to software development
- Confidently able to articulate the different Scrum and Agile principles and values, can provide teams with clear Scrum guardrails
- Has the skills and knowledge to ensure we take an automated approach to testing
Experience and Knowledge
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master working with product or technical teams
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience supporting multiple teams
- Technical understanding of modern development frameworks; including CI/CD, DevOps, Cloud, test driven design