Front End Developer
- Full Time
- September 26, 2023
We’re looking for a Front End Developer to join our Product Team. You will be at the heart of designing, building, and running technology-powered products and services used by millions of D&G customers!
Domestic & General is a company with an ambitious future. We are expanding our horizons and entering new markets and we need your expertise to help make it happen. We are an international company who works with some of the worlds most respected and well-known brands of domestic appliances and electronic consumer goods. These opportunities don’t come around often, so this really is a position not to be missed.
What the role involves:
Writing and reviewing technical documentation
Participating in the team’s agile planning and delivery process
Learning modern technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies
Promoting collaborative working, skills and knowledge sharing together with reviewing work of other team members and pairing
Being up to date with coding best practices and bring the latest knowledge of threat modelling, risk assessment techniques, code reviews, current best practices, and the latest cybersecurity threats
What you’ll bring:
- You are an expert Angular front-end software engineer ready to take that step into the world of insurance, working on business-critical systems and products that affect millions of customers.
- You are highly motivated, dynamic, and skilled. You thrive in an agile environment.
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- You need to possess great communication skills to be able to explain technical matters concisely.
- You will be up to date with coding best practices and bring the latest knowledge of threat modelling, risk assessment techniques, code reviews, current best practices, and the latest cybersecurity threats
Desired experience and skills:
- Solid communication skills and expertise to translate technical jargon into business familiar language.
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer’s business.
- Adaptable, able to quickly switch between projects, demands and environments.
- Stakeholder management and business awareness skills, ability to understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organisations.
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively Well organised with a healthy sense of urgency; able to set, communicate and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
We offer lots of great benefits! Some of which include:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- OnHand – Giving you the opportunity to be an Eco & Social volunteer via a handy app. Volunteer individually or in groups to get involved in Youth Mentoring, Food Poverty, Homelessness & Elderly help.
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks.