Senior Payroll Advisor
- Full Time
- January 30, 2023
Senior Payroll Advisor
Location: Flexible working with visits to our office in Wimbledon or Brighton as and when required
Contract Type: 12 month FTC (Maternity Cover)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Payroll Advisor to join our Payroll team here at Domestic & General. Reporting into the Payroll Manager you will provide an effective payroll service for all our UK based employees by collating and processing data into SDWorx on a timely basis to ensure a clean and accurate payroll is delivered. With this role, accuracy is of the paramount importance to be able to succeed.
Domestic & General is a company with an ambitious future. We are expanding our horizons and entering new markets and we need your expertise to help make it happen. We are an international company who works with some of the worlds most respected and well-known brands of domestic appliances and electronic consumer goods. These opportunities don’t come around often, so this really is a position not to be missed.
Key role responsibilities:
- To collate and process all payroll information throughout an employee’s lifecycle with the business.
- Building a strong working relationship with the Reward and HR Operations team
- Ensure compliance with both Company policies and Statutory Regulations are met.
- Manage the payslip release day and answer any queries
- Provide on-going training for new and current team managers in the Contact Centre to enable them to provide timely and relevant information to payroll.
- Control of salary stops, changes and recalls – corresponding with the bank. Liaising closely with the operations
- Preparation and set up of any off cycle payments
- Clear understanding of Journal entries to the Workday Accounting System
- Liaising with employees on all payroll queries and with external bodies, eg Courts, HMRC
Skills and experience required:
- At least 2 years payroll experience
- Knowledge of all statutory pay entitlements including SSP, SMP, SPP and AEO’s
- Proven experience of running a full payroll cycle in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Capable of being flexible but also maintain fairness
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Knowledge of SDWorx would be preferable, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook needed.
- Be able to perform manual payroll calculations and all Statutory calculations
- Must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
We offer lots of great benefits! Some of which include:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- OnHand – Giving you the opportunity to be an Eco & Social volunteer via a handy app. Volunteer individually or in groups to get involved in Youth Mentoring, Food Poverty, Homelessness & Elderly help.
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks.