- Full Time
- September 26, 2023
We’re looking for a super Product Designer to look after the ideation, creation and delivery of designs that will help us expand and improve our digital products’ features and capabilities.
You will be designing the modules that compose our interactive journeys; crafted to offer an impactful user experience.
The product designer will propose ideas and design strategies that help to drive our business and customer objectives forward. This role will be focussed on delivering a B2B digital product that enables our agents so will be part of the Agent Portal team.
This role is part of a team of creative product designers.
Domestic & General is a company with an ambitious future. We are expanding our horizons and entering new markets and we need your expertise to help make it happen. We are an international company who works with some of the worlds most respected and well-known brands of domestic appliances and electronic consumer goods. These opportunities don’t come around often, so this really is a position not to be missed.
What you’ll bring:
The role requires the designer to demonstrate strong skills in both user experience and user interface design with user focussed mindset.
Excellent design skills and have a sharp eye for detail, colour and typography.
You will enjoy working with other developers and stakeholders across the business to ensure our products meet our commercial goals as well as our customers’ needs.
Working in an agile way and supporting the team and other stakeholders during design sprints and scrum ceremonies, the role sits within a squad, comprised of many functions, including developers, business analysts and copywriters.
Desired experience and skills:
- Proven product discovery and development skills – ability to create and execute research
- Proven product design skills. Ability to create complex user flows, wireframes, prototypes and engaging visual designs.
- Ability to create marked up UI, provide clear design guidance and assets for developers and to perform UI reviews
- Expert knowledge of wireframe and prototyping tools: Primarily Figma, but Adobe XD a nice to have
- Creation/ contribution to design systems, working with shared components
- Commercial experience of user testing and analysis
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a product designer, with a portfolio of commercial projects
We offer lots of great benefits! Some of which include:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- OnHand – Giving you the opportunity to be an Eco & Social volunteer via a handy app. Volunteer individually or in groups to get involved in Youth Mentoring, Food Poverty, Homelessness & Elderly help.
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks.