- Full Time
- March 24, 2023
We’re looking for a Product Designer to look after the ideation, creation and delivery of designs that will help us expand and improve our digital products’ features and capabilities.
They will be designing the modules that compose our interactive journeys; crafted to offer an impactful user experience. The product designer will propose ideas and design strategies that help to drive our business and customer objectives forward.
The role requires the designer to demonstrate strong skills in both user experience and user interface design. They will require a user focussed mindset, working collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver great experiences for our customers. They will be a key participant in discovery and research sessions, create user flows and wireframes, plan, execute and analyse user research and testing, develop prototypes and finished designs to be handed over to developers.
They will possess excellent design skills, have a sharp eye for detail, colour and typography. They will work closely with developers and solution architects. They will enjoy working with stakeholders across the business to ensure our products meet our commercial goals as well as our customers’ needs.
Working in an agile way and supporting the team and other stakeholders during design sprints and scrum ceremonies, the role sits within a squad, comprised of many functions, including developers, business analysts and copywriters. The role is part of a team of creative product designers.
• To create comprehensive, tech-current and user-centered product designs (user flows, wireframes,prototypes, interface design) for different digital journeys and products
• To iterate on the designs and confidently present concepts and rationale to stakeholders, and to carry out regular user tests, analysis and reviews
• To work collaboratively within a squad and the wider product design team, with copywriters, front-end developers, product owners, business and data analysts, solution architects and other internal and external stakeholders as required
• To plan, brief, collaborate and/or conduct remote and in-person user tests to research and validate proposed hypothesis and designs To carry out proactive research of both the competitive landscape, new technologies, design techniques, process improvements, etc
In D&G, individual leadership is critical to all roles, and therefore important for all employees to demonstrate.
The six strengths are:
• Energy and perseverance: Apply your drive and ambition, always learning and adapting, yet remaining calm and persistent in the face of challenge
• Ownership and accountability: Take personal responsibility for broader business performance, striving to do the right thing
• Makes it happen: Focus on execution and driving results, making sound decisions that create real value
• Customer focused: Passionate about customers and clients – look for ways to improve customer or client services to create a positive, lasting legacy
• Collaboration: You encourage and open change of information, seeking new working relationships to help break down barriers
• Developer: Support and empower colleagues to achieve a high standard of performance