- Full Time
- January 30, 2023
Location: Flexible working with visits to our offices in Wimbledon or Nottingham.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Between the hours of 7am – 8pm, Monday – Sunday, 35hrs per week
We are excited to announce that we are on the lookout for an MI Developer to join our Group MI team here at Domestic and General. As an MI Developer, you will work closely with The Group MI team to deliver a modern MI service, which will be used by key stakeholders to help aid decision makings.
D+G is transforming into a technology-powered product business serving customers around the world. Our products and services rely heavily on compelling digital experiences for our B2B and B2C clients and customers.
About the role:
As an MI Developer you will work on the projects and programmes that will consist of:
- Delivering an MI pipeline that provisions intelligence for all business users and applications (including operational and insight)
- Develop, support and maintain Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes using MS Azure services, including SQL, Logic Apps and Data Factory to allow the business data to be standardised, in one location, and create “a single version of the truth”.
- Working within the team to rationalise and redevelop our existing reporting suite as we move our data platform and reporting to Azure
- Support BAU analysists with reporting suites ensuring these are delivered with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Work with colleagues within Group MI to support and repair legacy MI when issues are raised
- Working with Operational Partners to unlock value from data
- Deliver MI solutions to agreed scope within agreed timelines
- Work within MI Development framework to define, design, build, test and deliver MI solutions with Stakeholder engagement and sign off at each stage
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in data and reporting technology
- Continuously review current MI to ensure utilisation and rationalise/redesign where required
This role will suit an individual that is looking for a challenging role that will have a high impact at the heart of business matters.
In addition, you will have:
- Experience using data security best practices
- Familiar with data protection, data fidelity as well as data integrity techniques and regulation
- Ability to work in rapid sprints with short deployment lifecycles
- Adaptable to report writing
- Working with business stakeholders to build and deliver modern MI
- Knowledgeable with working with Data Engineers, Power BI, Cognos, DevOps and other engineers in a dynamic environment to promote and implement the Cloud Data Platform across D+G
- Awareness of Agile methods and techniques
- PPF qualifications
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer’s business
In addition to the above, you’ll also be used to working in a fast paced, agile team environment, who can deliver against tight and changing deadlines and priorities. You’ll be an effective team player with working knowledge of contact centre, data management, KPI’s and dashboards.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a high performing team whilst playing a crucial role within our MI function. You’ll be encouraged to stretch and challenge yourself within a dynamic environment whilst being innovative and look for new ways of working.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- OnHand – Giving you the opportunity to be an Eco & Social volunteer via a handy app. Volunteer individually or in groups to get involved in Youth Mentoring, Food Poverty, Homelessness & Elderly help.
- Emplyee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and mobile packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.