MI Business Analyst
- Full Time
- January 30, 2023
Location: Flexible working with visits to our offices in Wimbledon or Nottingham.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
We are excited to announce that we are on the lookout for an MI Business Analyst to join our Group MI team here at Domestic and General. As a MI Business Analyst, you will work closely with The Group MI team to produce the reporting throughout the business, to our clients and up to board level to aid business decision making and to understand performance & trends.
Reporting to the Group Head of MI, the MI Business Analyst is responsible for defining reporting & system requirements for reporting required as prioritised by the business, working closely with the MI team, business stakeholders & Tech & Change teams, to articulate requirements into logical, practical & functional documentation
About the role:
As an MI Business Analyst you will work on the projects and programmes that will consist of:
- Aid & improve the design and implementation of a governance framework within the MI team to enable efficiency, transparency and solid stakeholder relationships.
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with MI Dev team, Lead Business Analyst, and Scrum Master.
- Work closely with IT colleagues & the business to define end to end reporting requirements.
- To undertake business & systems analysis & facilitate the development and delivery of effective reporting.
- Provide analysis skills which may include any or all of the following; qualitative & quantitative analysis, formulating initiatives, defining requirements, process design/improvement, test support and BAU transition.
This role will suit an individual that is looking for a challenging role that will have a high impact at the heart of business matters.
In addition, you will have:
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Industry recognised BA qualifications (e.g. BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis) Degree or Equivalent however this is not essential
- Strong collaboration skills demonstrating the ability to work harmoniously with all disciplines in serving our business customers
- Advocate of Change
- Well-developed analytical thinking & problem-solving skills.
- Practical Skills of Systems Thinking
- Good business analysis techniques, including analysis documentation & diagrams
- Ability to use Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Knowledge of KPI’s/KRI’s, OKR’s, dashboards and scorecards
- Experienced in working with reporting systems relating to migration or transformation
In addition to the above, you’ll also be used to working in a fast paced, agile team environment, who can deliver against tight and changing deadlines and priorities. You’ll be an effective team player with working knowledge of contact centre, data management, KPI’s and dashboards.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a high performing team whilst playing a crucial role within our MI function. You’ll be encouraged to stretch and challenge yourself within a dynamic environment whilst being innovative and look for new ways of working.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- OnHand – Giving you the opportunity to be an Eco & Social volunteer via a handy app. Volunteer individually or in groups to get involved in Youth Mentoring, Food Poverty, Homelessness & Elderly help.
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and mobile packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
For over a hundred years, Domestic & General have been a trusted provider of aftercare for millions of domestic appliances. Today, we’re the UK’s leading provider of appliance breakdown protection, developing products and services to meet your needs.
We provide protection, maintenance and support for a broad range of domestic products and consumer electronics, ranging from televisions to washing machines to boilers.
We look after 23.9 million products and, through our expert service network, we repair or replace 2.9 million appliances every year*.
It’s our mission to keep your world running by delivering a service that never lets you down.