Customer Sales Representative
- Full Time
- June 3, 2023
Who we are
We are Domestic & General. We’re a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK. We are growing our business in the US and we’re recruiting Customer Sales Representatives in a role that offers great work life balance plus a flexible and engaging onboarding experience.
The role you’ll do
As a Customer Sales Representative, you’ll be the first call for customers who are renewing or cancelling their plans. Day-to-day, you’ll:
- Proactively engage with internal departments to provide support, advice, and interventions to ensure customer repairs are started promptly and to high standards in accordance with D&G policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Use your brilliant sales and customer service skills to suggest other products that give added peace of mind.
- Share the features and benefits of protection products to help customers find the one that’s right for them.
- Build rapport with customers, get to know their individual needs and put their interests first, so they continue their protection with us.
- May occasionally address and resolve customer complaints in a professional and timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
What else to expect:
- Hands on training consisting of classroom learning, on the job, and shadowing
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day
- Flexibility: Must work 8 hours between 7:30 am and 6:00 pm Central Time, with an unpaid lunch up to 1 hour
- If local to the Chicago area, you are required to be onsite once a week on Wednesday. This day may vary due to visitors and other special onsite occasions.
- We’ll provide all the equipment you need, but you must have broadband access with a minimum of 15 mbps
The experience and skills you need
- A solid background in targeted sales or customer service
- A driven mindset with strong sales skills and a love for hitting targets
- Proven experience of working autonomously or in a home-based position
- Great communication skills – you’re at ease building rapport, listening to customers, and demonstrating empathy when needed
- A team player committed to creating an excellent customer experience
- Serene and resilient attitude to juggle tasks and bounce back quickly