Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Full Time
- March 7, 2023
The Senior Infrastructure & Cloud Specialist will be responsible to ensure the high availability and optimal performance of all D&G cloud and network related systems. Daily responsibilities include interacting with Service Delivery Operational teams reactively and proactively resolving issues which could impair the effective performance of production services.
The Senior Infrastructure & Cloud Specialist will work closely with various teams including Technical Architects, Information Security, and project teams to ensure operational availability, perform design initiatives to enable new services and documentation of highly complex technical environments. We have just implemented a ‘cloud first’ strategy with ‘automation as default’ and are looking to implement new cloud engineering techniques, ideas, tools, and products.
The role will require outstanding cloud and network skills across a broad range of products. Practical knowledge of on-premises systems that integrate with Cloud environments and be able to identify the best tools to support the cloud and network infrastructure. Flexibility of working hours will be required as there will be out of hours’ work.
- Provide support for the company’s cloud and on-premises infrastructure including Azure, AWS, Citrix (DaaS), SD-WAN technologies, Firewalls configuration and maintenance.
- The roles primary focus is on supporting the cloud & infrastructure projects and on occasions BAU – to a third-line level & Project Level. Ensure Service Desk calls & Project assignments are resolved in accordance with business requirements, in a timely fashion.
- Day to day management of D&G’s worldwide systems, to ensure system stability, cloud and network performance, and high availability. Including enhancing, diagnosing, correcting, and maintaining infrastructure & network operations and related systems software for an enterprise-level network.
- Resolve complex cloud/network problems, develops complex reports, and provides fixes to current cloud & network slowness or crashes.
- Performs fault isolation and repairs in a complex computing/networking environment independently or in consultation with vendor or other technical personnel to diagnose and correct system problems.
- Provision / Managing and Maintaining VMs (Azure & VMWare)
- Strong Understanding of Citrix, including Cloud hosted environments
- Create and maintain support documentation and procedures for all systems.
- Adhere to the appropriate security measures in line with corporate Security Policy.
- Provide exceptional service to all business customers. Maintain good relationships within the team and in the wider business.
- Provide cross-site support for other team members as required by projects, rollouts, holidays, and sickness.
- Any other related duties designated by the line manager.
- Excellent troubleshooting & analytical skills.
- Objectivity in handling incident and problem resolution.
- Thorough practical appreciation of ITIL Service & Support processes
- Technically proficient to be able to challenge and influence technical discussions and strategies.
- Strong Customer Service Skills, effective in working with customers at all levels.
- Ability to liaise with technical experts from other disciplines.
- Ability to work independently across multiple groups in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts, both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to multi-task in an agile environment and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent Communication skills – verbal and written.
- Expert level Azure knowledge. With the ability to work with
- other cloud environments and multi-tenant organisations
- Strong networking skills (vNet’s, VPN, etc.).
- Knowledge of SD-WAN solutions & WAN support and optimisation technologies.
- Strong Knowledge of Citrix including Citrix cloud environments
- Citrix MCS management and deployment suites.
- Knowledge and management of security tools and maintaining policies
- MS Azure; Deployments, integration and best practices
- Citrix; DaaS platform, Architecture principles and best practices.
- Monitoring and management tools; SolarWinds Orion, Tufin.
- Cloud Security Architecture principles and best practices.
- Strong understanding of Agile development concepts.
- Security; Endpoint security tools, such as Rapid7 & CloudStrike.
- Security; Application layer firewall solutions such as F5 Application Security Manager.
- Experience of PCI compliance in a large organisation.
- At least ten years of technical experience in enterprise environments
- At least eight years of technical experience with Cloud environment and cloud migration projects
- Experience implementing and managing IaaS & SaaS solutions.
- Understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery processes.
On-premises systems that integrate with Cloud environments.
- Working within a structured project methodology \ framework (e.g. PRINCE2 or Agile).
Datacentre operations experience (internally and externally sourced).
· MS Associate Level Certifications
ITIL v3 (or later).