AWS DevOps Engineer
- Full Time
- March 24, 2023
Tech transformation underway of a successful warranty business to become a global insurtech business while replacing current technologies to use the cloud instead of on-premise.
We have an amazing opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join our Technology & Engineering department here at Domestic & General. Reporting to the Tech Lead, you will play a vital role in supporting the business with its objective to transition into cloud and to adapt new outstanding strategies within the Technology, Digital and Contact Centre space.
You will be at the heart of designing, building, and running technology-powered products and services used by millions of D&G customers as we undergo a digital and organisational transformation which will power the next 110 years of our history.
Working in one of our Product Squads or as part of our Cloud Centre of Enablement you will be responsible for contributing to the evolution of a DevSecOps culture across the entire business.
Squads will work with the support of Security and CCoE teams to design secure fault-tolerant, observable, recoverable solutions and help to define ops models to support them.
Wherever possible teams will work to automate any process that can be automated so that they can focus on solving the domain problems there are there to solve.
What you can bring to our projects:
- Helping product squads and platform teams to leverage a platform of shared tooling and pipelines to make their development process as frictionless as possible
- Aiding teams in creating a “you build it, you own it, you run it” mentality where squads truly own their own products
- Promoting an overall DevSecOps culture and maturity across the business
- Working on a secure cloud platform upon which other teams can build
- Building/testing/deploying pipelines
- Defining app deployment strategies
To be successful in this role you have:
Must Have Experience:
- Cloud infrastructure
- Deployment/Automation Pipelines
- Application Security/Scanning Tools
- Cloud Networking
Nice to Have Experience:
- Information Security
- Branching Strategy
- AWS Native Services
- AWS VPC/Networking configuration
- GitHub/GitHub Actions
- YAML-based pipeline tools
- Terraform and/or CDK
Nice to Have:
- Open Telemetry
- Cloudwatch, Prometheus, APM Vendors, etc
- Azure and/or other Cloud Providers
- Kubernetes/Containerised workloads
- Other development languages/stacks: Python, Java
- Deploying production services into AWS
- Building production deployment/testing pipelines
Nice to Have:
- Previous roles in the Finance/Insurance industry
We offer lots of great benefits! Some of which include:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing, and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand-new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness, and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks.