- Full Time
- March 24, 2023
Location: Flexibility working visits to our office in Wimbledon as and when required
Contract Type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Analytics Engineer to join our Data Strategy team here at Domestic & General. Reporting into the Global Data Strategy Director, you will support the Decision Science team to develop and maintain their data solution. You will use various methods to transform structured and unstructured from across the business into useful data models. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data models with business goals.
You should be someone who can design, develop, implement, monitor & maintain data solutions in a fast paced, agile team environment
It will also involve working in a fast paced, agile team environment that can deliver against tight and changing deadlines and priorities. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, curious, and analytically minded person who enjoys driving positive change using data.
Domestic & General is a company with an ambitious future. We are expanding our horizons and entering new markets and we need your expertise to help make it happen. We are an international company who works with some of the worlds most respected and well-known brands of domestic appliances and electronic consumer goods. These opportunities don’t come around often, so this really is a position not to be missed.
Key role responsibilities:
- Analyse and organise raw data
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Combine raw information from different sources and systems
- Monitor and enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify new data sources
- Collaborate with team on several projects
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience within a data/analytical engineering role
- Knowledge on AWS and/or Azure with transferable knowledge
- Understanding of SQL databases
- Proficient in programming, for example, Python and SQL
- Good understanding of data engineering techniques
- Design, build and test data solutions that are robust, scalable and future proof
- Integrating data from multiple sources
- Understand data modelling concepts and can produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific team needs
- Awareness of Data Management best practices
- Good communication skills
- Ability to problem solve with a strong attention to detail
- Background experience in a Warranty or Insurance Company
- Previous data/analytical engineering experience collaborating with a data science team.
- Knowledge of predictive model deployment, monitoring and MLOps Processes.
- Working in a fast-paced environment with agile teams
We offer lots of great benefits! Some of which include:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- OnHand – Giving you the opportunity to be an Eco & Social volunteer via a handy app. Volunteer individually or in groups to get involved in Youth Mentoring, Food Poverty, Homelessness & Elderly help.
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks.