Compliance Manager Italy
- Full Time
- June 3, 2023
Compliance Manager – Italy
Location: Flexible working with visits to our office in Milan, Italy
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time 40 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Manager to join our Risk and Compliance team here at Domestic & General. Reporting into the Head of Compliance you will be responsible for delivering an effective and overall compliance plan in Italy.
This will involve providing regular compliance training guidance and insights, as well regulatory advice on compliance matters, deliver compliance controls and audits on different areas of the business be able to be able to protect the company from risk’s and to ensure that to ensure that our company’s vision and values are embedded where we aim to make the world a better place, one repair at a time.
Domestic & General is a company with an ambitious future. We are expanding our horizons and entering new markets and we need your expertise to help make it happen. We are an international company who works with some of the worlds most respected and well-known brands of domestic appliances and electronic consumer goods. These opportunities don’t come around often, so this really is a position not to be missed.
Key role responsibilities:
- Provide Regulatory Advice on compliance related matters and issue Regulatory Reports
- Determine and maintain the Policy Framework and ensure Conduct Standards are adhered to
- Review and Sign-off new or changes in business documents, contracts and processes
- Execute regular Compliance Controls on processes and perform Compliance Audits on different business areas
- Carry out Ad hoc Reviews to detect and mitigate risks and perform Horizon Scanning to foresee upcoming regulatory changes
- Provide Compliance Trainings and insights via regular communication
- Act as Contact Person for Regulatory Visits or information requests
Skills and experience required:
- Completed a university degree in business administration or law or have a similar qualification.
- Gained 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in compliance or in a regulated environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to provide a solution-oriented approach and make a good judgement
- Confident across all hierarchy levels and have the ability to communicate and present skills to enable to promote our compliance culture.
- Capable of ensuring highest standards in terms of clarity, substance and presentation
- Business fluent in Italian and English
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous background in a compliance role within an insurance and financial service sectors in Italy
- Knowledge of compliance laws in Italy
We offer lots of great benefits! Some of which include:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
- CBA Telecommunication
- Electronic Meal voucher 7€ per working day
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health & Wellbeing, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks.