- Full Time
- January 30, 2023
Location: Flexible working with visits to our office in Wimbledon as and when required
Contract Type: Permanent, full time 35 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an FP&A Manager to join our Group Finance team here at Domestic & General. Reporting into the Head of FP&A you will lead the planning and consolidation of the group financial forecasts, covering P&L, balance sheets and cash flows as well as the annual five-year planning cycle and subsequent reforecasts throughout the year.
As an FP&A Manager you will be responsible for managing the group budget timetable alongside creating budget presentations for our Exco and Board to review and sign-off. You will also communicate planning assumptions to be used within forecasts whilst working with Finance and Commercial Stakeholders to understand and explain the drivers and variances. In addition, you will also develop the group risks and opportunities tracker as well as working alongside the financial controller and treasury teams to develop cashflow reporting and short-term forecasts
Domestic & General is a company with an ambitious future. We are expanding our horizons and entering new markets and we need your expertise to help make it happen. We are an international company who works with some of the worlds most respected and well-known brands of domestic appliances and electronic consumer goods. These opportunities don’t come around often, so this really is a position not to be missed.
Key role responsibilities:
- Line management of FP&A Analyst
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders inputting into the Group forecast to deliver budgets on time and with clear understanding of all drivers and variances
- Ownership of all relevant forecasting inputs, producing consistent and accurate financial outputs driven by efficient models
- Maintain an effective and collaborative relationship with Finance and Commercial teams ensuring that all risks and opportunities are well understood
- Continually assess the quality and efficiency of all FP&A processes and outputs, identifying and delivering improvements
- Production of all Group forecast materials to enable Exco and Board to review and sign-off plans
- Responsible for the maintenance of a “one truth” set of financial data, working closely with the FP&A systems manager.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Previous experience of FP&A in a complex, fast paced environment
- Numerate degree or professional accounting qualification/ part qualified / relevant experience.
- Ability to operate effectively in a complex business environment and collaboratively across functions, recognising and utilising the expertise across the business to drive value
- Confident in holding self and others to account
- Commercial acumen
- Superior level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
- A critical strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders across all levels and fully understand the challenges of the function being supported
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Taking ownership to making sufficient day to day accounting decisions, solve accounting issues and problems and recommend solutions
We offer lots of great benefits! Some of which include:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- OnHand – Giving you the opportunity to be an Eco & Social volunteer via a handy app. Volunteer individually or in groups to get involved in Youth Mentoring, Food Poverty, Homelessness & Elderly help.
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks.