Graduate Commercial Finance Analyst
- Full Time
- June 3, 2023
Graduate Commercial Finance Analyst
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
Location: Flexible working with visits to our office in Wimbledon
We have an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and sharp minded graduate to join our Commercial Finance team as a Graduate Commercial Finance Analyst. The successful individual will report into one of the Commercial Finance Managers and will gain excellent exposure to the work the team does from the outset.
As a team they are responsible for ensuring the global business is profitable, taking ownership of and monitoring individual accounts. They are involved in most things that go through the business, at one stage or other, and this brings plenty of opportunities into the team with varying scopes. This role will provide you with a huge amount of financial services experience in fast paced, inclusive and supportive environment.
As a Graduate Commercial Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of warranty products and client accounts.
- Ensuring the pricing, commercial arrangements and product design of warranty business delivers against cost and target margins, through accurate costing and modelling.
- Analysing financial and performance data to understand issues and propose solutions to optimise performance.
- Producing long-term financial forecasts and cash flows, including investment appraisal analysis.
- Presenting commercial propositions to senior management and external clients.
- Liaising with all commercial areas of the D&G business to deliver profitable warranty products.
- Assessing and advising on warranty product risk.
- Applying appropriate regulatory requirements including GDPR.
- Developing and delivering creative solutions to complex warranty design problems.
- Able to solve complex warranty, system, and operational problems.
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Excellent business acumen
- Graduated with a numerical / analytical / science degree
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and logical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate complex matters in simple, understandable terms
- Strong interpersonal skills / stakeholder management
- Excellent attention to detail
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Flexible working, offering a hybrid way of working
- Opportunity to study or to continue to study for professional qualifications such as CIMA or ACII
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand-new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym memberships, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- OnHand – Giving you the opportunity to be an Eco & Social volunteer via a handy app. Volunteer individually or in groups to get involved in Youth Mentoring, Food Poverty, Homelessness & Elderly help.
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.