We want to build a business where all our people are recruited, developed, recognised and rewarded fairly. We want Domestic & General to be known as a place where everyone can achieve their potential; a place where our people feel confident to speak up and influence positive change.
Our Board and leadership teams are committed to ensuring we hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make.
2021 was a big year for Domestic & General in terms of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion:
- We created our first ever D&I narrative, outlining exactly what we stand for, current strengths, and steps to success.
- Training was rolled out to every colleague on identifying and addressing bias, so that we all understand our role in making D&G a truly inclusive workplace.
- We completed our first annual D&I survey, to collect valuable data and identify priority areas for improvement.
- Leading Inclusively is now a core pillar of each level of our multi-layered leadership programme ‘LEAP’- ensuring our leaders are equipped to lead by personal example.
- We have created a network of DEI reps within our contact centres to ensure voices across the business are heard, and lines of communication to those within a position to elicit change remain open.
- In response to the Covid-19 pandemic we introduced a flexible, hybrid model of working, opening up opportunities for those where they might otherwise be restricted: for example, school age parents and individuals with caring responsibilities or disabilities. We commit to continual investment in our people to empower them with the knowledge and skills to act inclusively every day.
A key priority for 2022 will be the expansion of employee networks across the business, bringing together likeminded colleagues, providing important support systems, and ensuring key issues are addressed. In terms of building and maintaining diversity, we are continuously reviewing how we attract, select, and develop talent to remove barriers which may hold back certain people; giving everyone the individual support they need to flourish.
We’re in this together. We are authentic. We are inquisitive. We act.
Check us out at Brighton & Hove Pride in 2019: