Here to help you grow
At Domestic & General we aim high and expect our people to do the same. The only way to achieve our big ambitions is to make sure our people are progressing too. If you’re growing, we’re growing too.
Opportunities to make your career a success
We look for people who lead themselves with energy and commitment, who always strive to do their best. In return, we want to give you every opportunity to make your career here a successful one, whatever your plans are.
Because personal growth is important to us, you may be given the option of studying for industry recognised qualifications and accreditations, depending on your role.
Benefits and wellbeing
When it comes to wellbeing, we understand that feeling good has numerous benefits, including increased confidence, self-esteem and reduced stress. With this in mind, at D&G we are committed to ensuring you stay happy and healthy at work.
D&G offers plenty of services to look after your physical wellbeing, but we are also acutely aware of the importance of mental wellbeing. As such, we strive to create a supportive working environment for all colleagues where they feel valued and cared for.
We also offer all our people a number of employee benefits to contribute to your wellbeing both inside and outside of the workplace…
- All employees receive a free D&G plan each year to protect an appliance of their choice. Additionally, employees, their family and friends can benefit from discounts of up to 50% on the costs of D&G protection plans.
- D&G operate an interest-free travel loan scheme to support employees who wish to purchase an annual or six-monthly train, bus or tram season ticket, or a car parking permit.
- The loan must be repaid through deductions from your monthly salary.
- To be eligible to request a travel loan, employees need to have at least six months’ service with D&G.
- D&G have teamed up with Xexec, an employee discount website, to allow all UK employees access to thousands of discounts and offers, last minute deals, and travel privileges from a comprehensive range of retail and leisure categories.
- D&G has also negotiated access to a range of discounts from corporate and local suppliers. These may vary from time to time and by site.
- Annual entitlement is 25 days holiday, with the opportunity to buy up to one additional week per year.
Additional holidays for long service
- You will be given an extra 2 weeks holiday at 10, 20 and 30 years’ service.
- All employees between the ages of 16 – 70 are eligible for a death-in-service benefit at the time of death.
- This is a lump sum payment based on four times your basic salary and will be paid to a person of your nomination.
- Competitive salary as well as discretionary bonus.
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression.
- Fresh fruit deliveries to the office.
- D&G operate a Group Personal Pension plan provided by Aviva.
- All employees will be automatically enrolled once they have been with D&G for three months.
- Free flu vaccinations in the winter.
Finance loans & savings
- D&G have partnered with SalaryFinance to offer lending and saving facilities through payroll, together with financial wellbeing and support services through a dedicated online portal.
Health cash plan
- D&G enrols all employee in a Health Shield health cash plan, paid for by D&G, which enables cashback (up to set limits) towards the cost of essential healthcare, including dental and optical.
- Employees can also choose to add family members and/or increase their level of cover at their own expense.
Cycle to work scheme
- The Cycle to Work scheme enables you to get up to £1,000 toward a new bicycle and accessories, which you can pay for through monthly salary deductions saving you tax and National Insurance.
- Access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles.
Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues.
- Discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes.
To follow all the action, check us out on social media or head over to our news + blog page where you can find out more about us, our teams and the business.